Die Cutter Rental
Imagine cutting all the pieces for a queen sized quilt in an hour, or hundreds of circles in less than 10 minutes! That is the power of our professional die cutting machines. We have several available to rent, but the most frequently used machines are Mr. T & Hannibal – our AccuQuilt Studio 2’s, and Cleopatra – our Sizzix Big Shot Pro.
If you haven’t rented with us before or it’s been over a year since your last rental, please add the Die Cutting Certification Class to your rental when you book your appointment.
You’ll make the best use of your rental time if you prepare your fabrics in advance, but you are welcome to use our iron and large cutting table while you are here. You may also purchase fusible web from us if you are preparing fusible applique. Most dies cut multiple shapes at once, up to 10 layers (depending on die & material), so your cutting projects are easy and fast!
You may book your appointment below or call us directly during business hours at 877-479-9990.
Book an Appointment
FAQs for Die Cutting Rentals
What's included in my rental fee?
- Use of one of our AccuQuilt or Sizzix professional cutting machines;
- One set of cutting plastics for use with the dies you’ve chosen;
- Access to our extensive library of over 1,000 piecing, applique, and card making dies.
Do I need to prepare anything in advance?
Die cutting saves time, but there are still some preparation tips to help you use your rental time efficiently.
- Let us know what you are making so we have your dies ready in advance.
- Iron your fabric to remove wrinkles. Press out the factory (bolt) fold on all yardage cuts.
- If you are using a pattern, bring all pages of your pattern with you.
- Arrive a few minutes early. Your appointment time starts whether you are here or not.
Need more help? We are happy to discuss your project in advance to figure out how to cut it efficiently. Some patterns may need resizing to be die-cut.
What materials can I cut on the dies?
You are welcome to cut any of the following materials on our dies:
- Craft Metal
If you are planning to cut anything other than fabric, please consult with us to recommend appropriate dies and recommended layers. Although the dies are perfectly capable of cutting all materials, we reserve the right to disallow certain materials on specific dies.
Are there any additional fees?
- Material fee. If you are using more than 4 dies, using rag dies, or you are cutting longer than your scheduled session, and additional $5 material fee will be added to your rental time. This helps offset the cost to replace cutting plastics, trays, and adapters when needed.
- Rag die cleaning fee. If you’re using any of the rag dies, these require more frequent cleaning than other dies. A $5 – $10 cleaning fee will be added to your session, depending on how long you’re renting.
These fees could add between $5 – $15 to your rental cost.
When does my rental time begin/end?
Your rental time begins at your scheduled appointment time, and ends when you clean up the cutting area, rounded to the next quarter hour. If you are the first appointment of the day, we will open the studio 15 minutes before opening time to allow you to get settled.
Can I get my deposit back?
What happens if I don't finish cutting my project?
- If no one is booked after you, you are welcome to continue cutting until you are finished or until closing time, whichever is earlier. You will be charged for the hours you use.
- If someone is booked after you, but we can switch them to another machine, #1 applies.
- If someone is booked after you, or it’s time to close up, you’ll need to finish up the cut you are on, and we’ll need to schedule another appointment for you. (If we’re able to schedule you for the next day, you won’t need to clear your area – so let’s check the schedule before you clean up.)